Monday, June 20, 2011

Fibromyalgia, I am constantly fighting you. I take loads of medicines, & they don't work. The pain killers I take have lost their helpful edge. The ice packs I use daily, hourly, cannot keep the inflammation at bay. My neurologist monthly as he does a live x-ray of my back, shoulders, neck, spine, etc is stunned that the injections he gives me don't keep the inflammation away for more than a few days. I fight & undergo painful spinal injections, & every 3 months ungodly painful radio frequency ablation. I do all this, plus gain weight from the medicines & injections, to fight you. You sit in amusement, laughing at our bumbling attempts to fight. You are exquisite in your own way. You mimic other diseases, embarrass your victims when their doctors & pharmacists think they are just drug seeking, wanting pity, or hypochondriacs. You are a puzzle I doubt will ever be solved, as you spread your symptoms in so many different areas...muscular, auto-immune, neurology, rheumatology, & countless others. Everyone seems to be looking at one area instead of them all. I'm so tired of fighting. Putting on a happy face then crying in private. Missing family gatherings, job offers, even just going to dinner or a movie. I want revenge-not just for me but all of my friends who you have claimed as your own. & now, I must get ready to go see the neurologist. To get 2-4 injections where the swelling & bone spurs are the worst. I have to tell him about an embarrassing symptom that has come back in a new way, & cry as people stare in the waiting room as just sitting in the chairs there cause such pain.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment